Advanced RELIGIOUS STUDIES THEOLOGY, PHILOSOPHY AND ETHICS
EXAM BOARD: WJEC
EXAM BOARD: EDUQAS
PROVISIONAL COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
You should have achieved an Average Point Score across all your GCSE subjects of 4+ and least a grade 6 in RS and a 5 in English Language.
AIM OF THE COURSE
The aim of Religious Studies at Advanced GCE Level is to enable candidates to:
• Develop an interest in and enthusiasm for a rigorous study of religion, philosophical enquiry and ethical issues.
• Develop knowledge and understanding appropriate to a specialist study of religion, philosophy and ethics
• Use an enquiring, critical and empathetic approach to the study of religion, philosophy and ethics.
The course is designed to enable the student to engage with some key religious issues through ultimate questions and by the very nature of the subject there are opportunities for candidates to develop their understanding of spiritual, cultural, moral and social issues while making connections between their studies and the wider aspects of human experience.
ADVANCED RELIGIOUS STUDIES
Advanced Religious Studies is a 2 year course culminating in an A Level award at the end of Year 13.
In Year 12 and 13 all students must complete the following three key areas of study:
1. Philosophy of Religion.
3. Ethics theory and the applied Ethics.
Assessment is by examination at the end of Year 13.
Each component examination is 2 hours.
• Gain entry to university for most courses.
• Enter a variety of careers including journalism, banking, teaching, law, civil service, business management, social work, police.