A-LEVEL RESULTS DAY – THURSDAY 18TH AUGUST 2022
We are delighted to report that our students are again celebrating success in today’s A Level results.
This is the first-time students have taken summer exams marked by exam boards since 2019, after two years of grades being determined by schools. In line with objectives set out by the government, overall national outcomes are higher than 2019, when exams were last sat, but lower than 2021 outcomes.
Students typically make significant progress from their GCSE results to achieve excellent post 16 results here at St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School. I am pleased to report that the trend has continued and this is another year of strong academic and pastoral achievements.
The next steps and futures that our students dreamed of can now be realised with almost all of our students moving on to their destinations of choice.
Several examples are listed below;
• Student X achieved A*, A* & A* in Chemistry , Maths, and Physics and is now going onto to the University of Birmingham to study Engineering.
• Student Y achieved B, B, B & B in Biology, Geography, Maths and Physics is now going onto to University of Warwick to study Engineering.
• Student Z achieved several distinctions in Health & Social Care is now going onto to Birmingham City University to study Adult Nursing.
• Student A achieved A, A & B in English, PE and RE is now going onto to Birmingham City University to study Sports Therapy with a basketball scholarship.
• Student B achieved A, A, A & A in Art, Biology, Geography & Maths is now going onto to Exeter University to read Economics.
• Student C achieved A*, A & B in Biology, Geography & RE and is now going onto to Leicester University to study physiotherapy.
We all recognise this has been an enormously challenging time for students who have had their education journey significantly disrupted. Hopefully today’s results represent a milestone in our recovery from the pandemic. These outcomes certainly reflect the incredible diligence and determination of so many in our community over the last seven years.
We are absolutely thrilled for our students who, with the support of dedicated staff and their families, have achieved these excellent results.
GCSE RESULTS DAY - THURSDAY 25TH AUGUST 2022
St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School students have achieved superb results in their GCSE and vocational qualifications this summer.
Following the cancellation of exams, grades have been awarded through a process of teacher assessed grades for the last two years.
The Class of 2022 were the first students to sit their GCSE exams since 2019.
Despite all the difficulties and huge challenges of the past two years (lockdowns, periods of isolation, online learning and more), we are delighted to report another year of really strong academic achievements.
Several examples are listed below;
- Student A achieved x9 grade 9s in her GCSE subjects
- Student B achieved x7 grade 9s, x2 grade 8s and a distinction*
- Student C achieved x5 grade 9s and x5 grade 8 in his subjects.
- Student D achieved x7 grade 9s, x2 grade 8 and x1 grade 7
The headline results for the school are very impressive as well;
- Overall attainment up significantly and comparing very well to the national measures published today
- Over 54% of students achieved a ‘strong pass’ in English and Maths
- Over 73% of students achieved a ‘standard pass’ in English and Maths
We are immensely proud of all the work and achievements of our students, especially after such a difficult and disrupted couple of years. Our teachers have worked tirelessly to ensure students are all able to progress onto further education and study, and we look forward to seeing what they will achieve in the future.
Most importantly, inspired by the gospel, we know they will go out into the world and strive to make it a better and more just place for the vulnerable and needy.